January 20, 2015

miss me?

When I was sixteen, a girl named Sarah steered me in an interesting direction musically. At this time, I had just started playing random instruments in Jazz, Concert, and Marching band and spent about 3-4 hours every day playing everything from mellophone to drums. I was not a band nerd, but I was definitely not popular, yet everyone knew me. No one, bandmates or friends, really ever understood why the hell I kept showing up at 7AM for zero period jazz band to play the same second-chair trombone part on Take Five for two years in a row. Honestly, I really have no clue now that I think about it. All I know is that I loved it so much.

 Sarah gave me a handful of albums that I immediately fell in love with including Jack Off Jill's Clear Hearts and Grey Flowers, a random mixed CD with her favorite songs from The Adicts, John Frusciante, David Bowie. Together we discovered The Blood Brothers and, randomly both got into CKY (why the fuck?). Anyway when she gave me the self titled Dresden Dolls album and I listened to it straight for about a year.

This should tell you a bit about a lot.



This song and this performance and this woman is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment