January 4, 2015

year of the gypsy

I was trying really hard to refrain from posting any terrible "2015 New Year, New Me" crap, but I got a surge of page views on the 1st, so I guess that's kind of what's expected out of a ~sentimental blogger~ with a "feels" link.


I took the above picture almost exactly a year ago. It's weird looking at this picture knowing everything I didn't know 365 days ago, but even if I could have told myself what this year would entail, I don't think I would've believed it. By far, this year has changed me the most and even though parts of it were nothing short of brutal, I am happy with the end result. I learned a buttload about myself.
  • I learned that it's okay to say yes or no and not need an explanation. I got out of a lot of stupid situations this way. I also found a lot of satisfaction this way.
  • I now question why I want the things I want- from food to men to material shit.
  • I refuse to compare myself to other females- physically, personally, and professionally. It's hard and takes conscious effort, but it's freedom.
  • I know what I want and what kind of people I want around me.
With that said, I still don't think I have it all figured out. 2014 was an arduous year for me. I made a lot of decisions that I still question. There are a lot of people and events that caught me off guard. Which is why I wasn't going to acknowledge the end of this year. There's still a lot I feel like I need to finish or sort out. I'm just kind of ready to let the new year slide in to take it's place. 

But I'm happy that I wrote this out. There's still so much I haven't seen or felt or done- good and bad. And I am excited to keep going and to share it all.

Which is why I just booked a ticket to London. Almost exactly a year from my trip to Paris.

So, I guess I am a bit sentimental. 
Cheers to another crazy amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment